What’s it about?
A man is raising his niece, who is a mathematical prodigy. Once her abilities have been discovered, her grandmother fights for custody.
What did we think?
Imogen says: Watch as one of the Marvel Chrises handsomes his way through this beige movie. It’s got everything you’ve ever seen in a heartwarming film:
- a man who’s struggling to raise a child by himself,
- (but does it in a unique and quirky way);
- an equally unique and quirky child with a special talent;
- a two-dimensional love interest character (Jenny Slate, you’re better than this);
- a two-dimensional sassy yet wise black neighbour (Octavia Spencer, you’re WAY better than this).
- an acoustic soundtrack and predictable outcome.